This is a delicious frittata, minus the eggs and dairy which is great to
help assist in reducing inflammation in the body.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp mustard powder, garlic powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 ½ cup vegetable stock
2 cups of chopped vegetables - I use:
- ¼ cup chopped spring beans
- ¼ cup diced red capsicum
- ½ cup chopped asparagus
- 1 cup shredded kale
- ½ large red onion
- 3 garlic cloves or handful of chopped garlic chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Chop all vegetables.
- Add all the dry batter ingredients into the bowl and combine with a mixing spoon.
- Add the vegetable stock to the batter and whisk together until well combined.
- Stir fry vegetables for 10 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- Add the vegetables to the batter.
- Transfer batter onto greased pyrex pan. Even it out with spatula.
Bake for 25 minutes and then cover with aluminium foil and bake for another 25 minutes or until the centre is not jiggly and the edges are
lightly brown. Depending on the type of your vegetables you use you might need more or less time for the batter to cook. Just prick the
centre with a fork to test if it is done.
- Stand for 10 to 15 minutes to set.
- Serve warm with some freshly ground pepper, and your favourite chilli sauce.