- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 cups of chopped tomato or 4 tins organic tomatoes
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- Handful of basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For those not using oil, substitute for ¼ cup of vegetable stock to cook the onion and garlic.
- Cook garlic and brown onion in 1 teaspoon of olive oil or ¼ cup of vegetable stock for 2 minutes
- Add tomato and cook for 5 minutes
- Add basil, pepper and salt to taste
- Cook for another 10 minutes
- Take off stove. Blitz in a blender or use stick blender until smooth. Serve immediately.