A tasty hot and sour coconut noodle soup. Lots of amazing spices to create a hearty, warming soup great for cold winter evenings.
Time: 35 minutes Serves:4
2 stalk lemongrass
1 1/2 tbsp grape-seed oil
1 brown onion diced
2 bird's eye chilli sliced
2 tbsp grated ginger
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoon salt
1 carrot, julienned
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup brocoli
Zest of 2 limes
6 cups vegetable stock
mung bean noodles
1 tin coconut milk
2 spring onions
4 to 5 tablespoons of lime juice
Trim the end of the lemongrass stalk and peel about 2 outer layers of leaves. Slice stalks in half and into 10cm portions. Give them a
bash with the kitchen mallet as this will allow the flavour to disperse throughout the soup once added.
Heat the pot with the grape-seed oil and add onions and lemongrass portions and cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is transparent. Add
in chilli, ginger, and garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the tomato, coriander, turmeric, cumin, paprika and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add lime zest, carrot and vegetable stock, cover the pot and bring to the boil.
- Add mushroom, broccoli, tofu and noodles and cook until noodles are ready.
- Add coconut milk, spring onions and stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Taste for any salt or lime juice adjustments.
- Serve and enjoy!